Why do you use Horses at HOPE Ranch?
- Horses naturally provide lessons in work ethic, assertiveness, communication and healthy relationships.
- They are completely honest, powerful “mirrors” of human body language and mood.
- They are highly effective teachers of life and relationship skills.
- They teach us a lot about who we are.
Equine-facilitated learning helps the participant:
- Learn about self and others
- Process feelings, behaviors and patterns
- Enhance the process of growth & healing
- Develop and internalize learning on multiple level
- Strengthen verbal and non-verbal communication, assertiveness, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills, just to name a few
EAP does not focus on riding or horsemanship:
- No horse experience needed
- 100% of work/activities are done on the ground-No riding involved
- Involves use of horses to apply life skills